Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. We use secure server software (SSL) for encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer payment details with any 3rd parties
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Ocean Media takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website you should note that we do not have any control over those external websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and read the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
In addition, if you have linked to this website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Delegate Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between Ocean Media Group Ltd (“Ocean Media”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the Ocean Media Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Registered Office: Ocean Media Group Ltd, 3rd Floor, 4 Harbour Exchange Square, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 9GE. Registered No: 01680420 England.
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Ocean Media, which will be confirmed in writing (by e-mail) after Ocean Media has received the booking details via our online platform, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Ocean Media may require.
2. Upon Ocean Media's written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Ocean Media and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. Ocean Media reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication.
5. Ocean Media reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Ocean Media.
6. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by BACS or debit/credit card.
7. You acknowledge that Ocean Media cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
8. The Fees include:
(i) For conference delegates: one place at the Event and Event materials.
9. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
10. Delegate places cannot be shared.
11. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
12. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Ocean Media to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
13. Cancellations have to be made in writing. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Ocean Media as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ocean Media may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that Ocean Media has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
14. If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as, which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs Ocean Media will incur as a result of cancellation:
Written notice received by us/% of Fee to be charged: More than 28 days prior to but within 40 days of the first day of the Event - 50% Within 28 days to the first day of the Event - 100%
15. The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
16. To guarantee admission, payment must be received prior to the event.
17. Ocean Media may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid. You agree that Ocean Media’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Ocean Media will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
18. Ocean Media reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of Ocean Media) expose Ocean Media or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
19. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
20. Ocean Media reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Ocean Media’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance, or annoyance to the running of the Event.
21. You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Ocean Media.
22. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Ocean Media, or any third party licensed by Ocean Media, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
23. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
24. Materials distributed by or on behalf of Ocean Media at an Event may not be reproduced without Ocean Media’s permission.
Ocean Media Liability
25. Views expressed by speakers are their own and Ocean Media disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
29. Ocean Media will provide a delegate list to all attendees and contracted sponsors at the event which will only include the first name, surname and company name provided when registering. If you do not wish to have your details published within the delegate list please contact email@example.com. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
30. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and Ocean Media.
31. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision omitted.
32. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
33. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
34. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit Ocean Media's right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdicti
35. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
36. These terms and conditions were published on 18 March 2019 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.
Sponsors & Partners
ExCeL London One Western Gateway Royal Victoria Dock London E16 1XL