- Hype versus reality – Is the capacity really there to solve the housing supply crisis?
- Is it commercially viable and what volumes are required to achieve economies of scale?
- What are the benefits with comparison to traditional build methods? Are they living up to the promise?
- Flexibility, cost-effectiveness, rapid construction, reduction in defects
- What are the challenges and lessons learnt so far:
- Infrastructure and utilities, construction foundations, transport access for hard-to-reach sites
- Localised versus nationwide factories
- What have been the reactions from residents so far? What about mortgage issues?
- What is the long-term future for the industry? What might structures look like in 5-10 years time?
Chair: James Thomson, chief executive officer, Keepmoat Homes
John Synnuck - Download presentation