To better serve the diversity of customer needs, this session will consider the benefits and pitfalls of designing a range of maintenance services based on affordability. Ultimately, it will seek to ask: if Tesco ran a housing association – what would it look like?
- Commerciality versus social purpose: Addressing the balance and defining what kind of housing association you are
- Different services for different segments: How to design service models that reflect the needs and diversity of your customers
- How to bring your tenants with you, especially if you begin to charge for services
- How basic is basic? Determining your bottom line
- Addressing the back-office challenges of administrating such a process