Many housing associations are keen to reap the benefits of working with more SMEs – from spreading risk to accessing specialist knowledge and innovative approaches. Yet despite the government target for 33% of procurement spend to go to SMEs by 2022, current trends suggest that not enough SMEs are tendering for and winning housing contracts.
This session will bring together perspectives from both housing associations and SMEs to share ideas on how they can work together successfully.
The panel will discuss:
• Why should councils and housing associations use SMEs – what are the advantages?
• What are Fusion21 members doing to work with SMEs and do they think the government targets are realistic?
• How does Fusion21 support SMEs to find opportunities and compete for contracts?
• Do SME suppliers perceive a shift in attitude and are more doors opening for them? What good and bad practices have they experienced?
• What changes are needed to achieve the target of 33% of procurement spend on SMEs by 2022?